[keycloak-user] Problems Authenticating with OpenLDAP

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 05:41:21 EDT 2014

Hi,

for servers like OpenLDAP it's supposed that "uid" contains username of
the user (and I think that if you change "Vendor" combobox to "Other",
it will also change the "Username LDAP Attribute" too). Using "cn" is
supposed to be used mainly for servers like Active Directory.

The root issue is, that right now we don't support dynamic mapping of
LDAP attributes to attributes of user account. For servers like OpenLDAP
we have some hard-coded mapping (like "cn" from LDAP is mapped to user's
firstName in Keycloak, "sn" from LDAP is mapped to user's lastName in
Keycloak and "mail" from LDAP is mapped to user's email in KC).

We have plan to support dynamic attributes mapping in the future, so you
will be able to configure that for example: "cn" is mapped to Keycloak
username, "givenName" is mapped to firstName, "sn" to lastName etc. JIRA
is already created https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-599 but
right now, it's maybe not the biggest priority (feel free to vote in
JIRA if you want prioritize)

Marek