[keycloak-user] LiveOak integration with Keycloak

Dean Peterson peterson.dean at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 21:50:54 EDT 2014

I am wondering about the KeycloakApplication class the LiveOak project
seems to be using to extend Keycloak for their framework.  I really like
what LiveOak is doing but I am not able to understand why they would couple
everything to a custom version of Keycloak.  I want to have a separate
Keycloak server that handles security for whatever applications I have.  It
seems their decision to include Keycloak in the deployment of LiveOak
prevents me from deploying multiple LiveOak domain models on separate
servers.  Every LiveOak will have its own instance of Keycloak.  I am
asking here because it seems Stian has had a hand in the creation of
LiveOak and I was hoping he might see this and shed some light on the
subject.  There is little documentation on the KeycloakApplication class.
 Is that used to easily extend Keycloak and embed it into other frameworks?
 Doesn't that defeat the purpose of  Security As A Service?  Any ideas how
I might decouple Keycloak from LiveOak?