[keycloak-user] Apache Reverse Proxy in front of Keycloak Proxy

Schneider, John DODGE CONSULTING SERVICES, LLC John.Schneider at carrier.utc.com
Mon Apr 6 13:20:15 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have Keycloak Proxy working well.  However, it's installed on machines that are not Internet-accessible and I need to put an Apache Reverse Proxy in front of it.  Installing the Keycloak Proxy on the externally-facing Apache servers is not an option for me. My issue is, Keycloak Proxy sends a redirect-URI to the auth server that is based on the bind-address value in the config.  I need the redirect URI sent to the Auth server to be the Apache reverse proxy.

Is there a clever way to do this, or is a feature addition needed to support this?  If the latter, then I suggest adding an optional property "redirect_base_address" to the config.

Thanks,
John