[keycloak-user] External Registration Flow

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 09:57:21 EDT 2015

Our registration pages can actually accept input to store any user
attribute, albeit it is only name/value pairs for custom attributes.

http://docs.jboss.org/keycloak/docs/1.2.0.Beta1/userguide/html/custom-user-attributes.html

> Taking one step back on this. You say you can't use Keycloak's registration screens as you collect additional business data. If you could edit the registration page on Keycloak (which you already can) then intercept the required information in an event listener (which you soon can) would that satisfy your needs?

>>> 2. Click on registration link within app
>>> 3. Fill out registration info
>>> 4. App calls keycloak webservices to create user and set password
>>> 5. Redirect to keycloak
>>> 6. ??? (Currently SAML Login)
>>> 7. Redirect back to app
>>>
>>> Ideally I would think there would be a way for the app to request some kind
>>> of token that can be sent back to keycloak to allow the user to be logged
>>> in with having the end user login explicitly.  However, I haven't found
>>> anything that would do something like this yet.

>>> 2. Redirected to Keycloak login
>>> 3. Click on registration link on page
>>> 4. Redirect to External registration app 5. Register 6. Redirect back to
>>> keycloak 7. Import user 8. Redirect back to app

>>> --
>>> Bill Burke
>>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat
>>> http://bill.burkecentral.com