[keycloak-user] Impersonate User

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 10:49:45 EDT 2015

Yeah, I am not sure if token swap service is sufficient..

IMO the admin might want to see (or edit) the account management on
behalf of particular user. But our account mgmt is secured by SSO
cookie, not token.

For web applications, the swapping of token would still require the
support on adapters. Basically if admin wants to impersonate as some
user in webapp, we still need to figure backup (or invalidation) of
admin HttpSession, so the web UI of impersonated session really looks
like UI of user and is not polished with some previous state from admin
session. The same would need to be solved for JS apps, but here it may
be even more tricky...

In shortcut, if we want to have something more usable and give to admin
the same experience like the impersonated user (including UI
experience), we may need to do impersonation at SSO level. And do
impersonation as logout of admin session and then SSO re-login of
impersonated user.

Marek