[keycloak-user] Get user roles in AngularJS from WildFly adapter

Thorsten thorsten315 at gmx.de
Thu Apr 16 05:05:46 EDT 2015

I have a WAR application that packages some JAX-RS services and an
AngularJS UI talking to them. No classic HTML/JSF stuff at all.

The app is running on WildFly and the Keycloak adapter with authentication
is already working and I can e.g. secure the JAX-RS endpoints with
@RolesAllowed etc.

My question is now what the recommended way is to get user role information
in the AngularJS part of the app? Since the authentication is not done in
JS I don't think keycloak.js would work? Can/should the keycloak.js adapter
get combined with the WildFly adapter or is there a different way to get
something like kc.hasRealmRole() to work?

Thanks