[keycloak-user] How touser Servlet OAuth Client

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 12:16:56 EDT 2015

You're not wrong. With ServletOAuthClient you have control when you
redirect user to the KC login screen. But you're completely independent
on Wildfly container security layers, hence no propagation to EJB layer.

If ServletOAuthClient is good for you, depends on the usecase you want
to achieve. Maybe it is better for you to add some security-constraints
URL to your web.xml  (for example "/my-protected-url") and you will
redirect your application to /my-protected-url (with
httpResponse.sendRedirect) whenever you want your application to be
logged with keycloak. Then once KC authentication is finished and your
application will visit "/my-protected-url" as authenticated user, you
will redirect back to the original URL before authentication.

Not sure if EJB propagation will happen once you're authenticated, but
visit unprotected URL though... But at least you can give it a shot.

Marek