[keycloak-user] common roles within multiple clients

Tim Dudgeon tdudgeon.ml at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 17:03:09 EDT 2015

I have a keycloak realm that contains a number of clients (app1, app2,
app3 ...).
Those clients share a set of common roles (user, editor, manager ...).
Is there a way I can directly assign those roles to the keycloak user so
that they apply across all clients?
The only approach I can find is to set up each of those roles for every
client (e.g. for 5 clients set up 5 sets of identical roles) and then
for each client apply the relevant roles to each of the users (e.g.
repeat the same process for every user/client combination).
Is there a better way?

Thanks
Tim