[keycloak-user] WebSockets

Juraci Paixão Kröhling juraci at kroehling.de
Tue Aug 4 10:44:53 EDT 2015

I'm currently looking into the best way to perform authentication for
WebSockets, and it seems that the best (only?) option so far is to
handle this on the socket's endpoint itself.

But before I start with some library for the other Hawkular components
to consume, I'd like to ask if there's a best practices/recommendations
for doing WebSocket authentication with Keycloak.

My plan right now is to require the endpoints to inject a service that
would accept a message and session, closing the session on this service
if the login data is not provided (login data == token, send on the
first message, at least at first).

Ideas/thoughts?

- Juca.