[keycloak-user] Keycloak OAuth2 bearer token without using direct access grant

Ton Swieb ton at finalist.nl
Tue Dec 8 11:55:19 EST 2015

Hi Marek,

Thank you for your answer. I understand that I should use an adapter, but
it is unclear to me how that will work in my situation.

I will try to clarify.
I am using JBoss Apiman which uses JBoss Keycloak to manage its realm. Both
JBoss Apiman and JBoss Keycloak run on the same Wildfly application server.
Apiman runs on wildfly so my assumption is that an adapter is already used
to secure the Apiman GUI and to do the back channelling.

But next to the Apiman GUI there is a Apiman gateway which uses a Keycloak
OAuth plugin to enforce a security policy on managed api calls. The gateway
itself is not secured by OAuth and is not known as a client in a keycloak
realm. But the Keycloak OAuth plugin does expect a bearer token.

I am unsure where I could apply an adapter to acomplish this and which
adapter it should be.

My setup is similair to the one discussed here:
http://www.apiman.io/blog/gateway/security/oauth2/keycloak/authentication/authorization/2015/06/09/keycloak-oauth2.html
with the difference that I use a third party login. So I cannot use direct
access grants.

Regards,

Ton