[keycloak-user] Keycloak Server -swarm.jar

Bob McWhirter bmcwhirt at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 15:22:12 EST 2015

For those of you not familiar with WildFly Swarm, it’s a project that
intends to support microservices by taking your application components,
along with just-enough WildFly, and bundling them all into a standalone
uberjar.

Keycloak counts as “part of WildFly” since it’s implemented mostly as a
WildFly subsystem.

Therefore, WildFly Swarm now supports adding Keycloak Server to your
microservice (we’ve supported the client-adapter for a while now, already).

To that end, we are also producing an handy, all-in-one uberjar for
Keycloak Server.

http://repository-projectodd.forge.cloudbees.com/snapshot/org/wildfly/swarm/keycloak-server-service/1.0.0.Alpha6-SNAPSHOT/keycloak-server-service-1.0.0.Alpha6-20151210.185045-1-swarm.jar

Just download that .jar, and `java -jar` it and visit
http://localhost:8080/auth/

It still uses the H2 database, and by default creates or uses a database
located at $PWD/keycloak.db, but you can also use the
-Dwildfly.swarm.keycloak.server.db=/path/to/keycloakdatabase property to
change that.

Please feel free to give it a test, and for more information about WildFly
Swarm, we hang out in #wildfly-swarm on FreeNode IRC.

Thanks!

-Bob