[keycloak-user] Cannot access the keycloak standalone server using the machine hostname

Aritz Maeztu amaeztu at tesicnor.com
Mon Dec 21 11:52:58 EST 2015

I am launching keycloak 1.7.0.Final using the default configuration on a
Windows 7 machine (standalone.bat). However, when I try to access it
with some host name different than localhost (let's say
http://myhostname.mycompany.com:8080/auth/ or
http://192.168.0.155:8080/auth/), the server doesn't respond. This makes
some client I have configured work properly when I login in my host
machine but not when I am in another one, since I need to have
http://localhost:8080/auth/ as "auth-server-url" in my client, but when
performing redirection the url is not available obviously from a remote
machine.

That could sound a trivial question, but still I don't know how to solve
it having looked the documentation up.

Thanks in advance.
--
Aritz Maeztu Otaño
Departamento Desarrollo de Software

Pol. Ind. Mocholi. C/Rio Elorz, Nave 13E 31110 Noain (Navarra)
Telf.: 948 21 40 40
Fax.: 948 21 40 41

Antes de imprimir este e-mail piense bien si es necesario hacerlo: El
medioambiente es cosa de todos.