[keycloak-user] Viewing users in keycloak

Frank van Veen Frank.vanVeen at planonsoftware.com
Tue Dec 29 05:14:20 EST 2015

Hi,

The last few weeks I've been working on a federation provider implementation. It runs smoothly so far, but today i ran into the following issue;

I was testing functionality of keycloak and wanted to delete a user. When I pressed the view all users button nothing happened so I pressed it again.
Still nothing so I pressed 20 or so more times. Finally I got an error stating I had too much connections to my user federation endpoint (Error originated from my federated storage).
Every time view all users is pressed five more request are made checking if a user exists in federated storage. If you spam the button, while the connection is rather slow, it breaks.
When the first 5 calls return the information isn't displayed yet. The remaining pending calls are the cause for that.

I was wondering why keycloak has this behavior. It might be a better solution to disable functionality of this button while there are still previous calls pending.

Best regards,

Frank van Veen