[keycloak-user] Best practices for building appliances

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 10:03:24 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----

AFAIK that's not been decided yet. I'm not convinced about using WildFly CLI for the Keycloak CLI. My concerns are with regards to usability and the amount of required boilerplate to support all operations through DMR.

We need to decide on what's best for Keycloak, not just for WildFly's use of Keycloak.

> Your specific use case is one I've been thinking about along with a
> larger scope of requirements.   I think what will happen is that the
> Keycloak subsystem will be able to do your setup at deployment time and
> configure a secure-deployment in standalone.xml or domain.xml.   I
> already have some of the code for that.  It just uses a
> secure-deployment declared as a template and then adds Keycloak to any
> unsecured WAR at deployment time.

secure-deployment should be for end-user applications, so that doesn't apply to this

> But it will also need to be able add the application in Keycloak, find
> the public key, and obtain the client secret.  That part is not done yet.

This is something I'm looking into at the moment. We need a way for an application to securely configure itself.

> I think I need to put together a full plan for this and many other use
> cases where we need tighter WildFly integration.  Then I'll break it all
> down into tasks.  I'll get that done as soon as possible, but shoot for
> no later than Friday.  Would you be willing to help with some of the tasks?

It would be great if we can get an update on what was decided on the WildFly F2F.

We need to have follow-up discussions and probably a few hangouts around these issues.