[keycloak-user] Template properties file encoding

Peter Bardáč bardacp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 08:41:13 EST 2015

Hi,

I want to use UTF-8 encoding in keycloak theme but I have problem with
messages.properties file.
For example I have é symbol in this file but it translates into é (in
login.ftl there is ${rb.usernameOrEmail}).

But when I type symbol é right into login.ftl file it renders with no
problem. So I assume there is problem with Freemarker <->
messsages.properties file parsing.

I have modified template.ftl file to use <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

I also saved these files with UTF-8 encoding and also added
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 to JAVA_OPTS in standalone.conf

At this moment I have no idea what else should I try please help.

P.S. I would hardcode strings into login.ftl file but I cannot hardcode
string for invalid uname/passwd message.