[keycloak-user] Location of User Federation Provider jar in Keycloak 1.1 Beta-2

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 12:17:33 EST 2015

On 1/15/2015 10:14 AM, Bill Burke wrote:
> Docs will need to be updated.
>
> We need to expand the subsystem so that provider jars can be deployed
> like any other component.  What you have now is *harder* to use than
> simply dropping in the jar in WEB-INF/lib IMO.
Yes, it is slightly harder.  We discussed this at length when it was
implemented.  You can't use a deployment-scanner mechanism in a domain
environment.  There are other reasons it needs to be this way.  I'd have
to go back and look at my notes and the previous thread to remember them
all.

The ease of use problem is mitigated somewhat by using a CLI script.  So
if you need to upload a provider over and over during development you
can use that.

Also, we can eventually add the ability to upload and manage providers
from the Keycloak admin console.  We wouldn't be able to do that if we
stuck with the "drop it in the exploded WAR" solution.