[keycloak-user] Getting the user id from the access token

Scott Dunbar scott at xigole.com
Fri Jul 10 18:54:01 EDT 2015

I use something like:

import org.keycloak.KeycloakPrincipal;
import org.keycloak.KeycloakSecurityContext;
import org.keycloak.representations.IDToken;

@Resource
private SessionContext sessionContext;

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
KeycloakPrincipal<KeycloakSecurityContext> kcPrincipal = (KeycloakPrincipal<KeycloakSecurityContext>)(sessionContext.getCallerPrincipal());
IDToken idToken = kcPrincipal.getKeycloakSecurityContext().getIdToken();

log.debug( "email from token is \"" + idToken.getEmail() + "\"" );

Not sure if that's the recommended way but it works well.

On 07/10/2015 04:48 PM, Juan Diego wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to be able to update the user password and some preferences
> from my web app, in order to update some of the user info from my
> portal i can see in the rest api that you need the user ID.
> I have a backend with java that should connect to my keycloak server
> once it gets the token
>
> KeycloakSecurityContext securityContext = (KeycloakSecurityContext)
> httpRequest
> .getAttribute(KeycloakSecurityContext.class.getName());
>
> AccessToken accessToken = securityContext.getToken();
>
> I dont know how to get info from the accesToken, or does the access
> token class already has methods to do that.  I know this is more of a
> question of design.  This part is not really clear for me.
>
> Thanks

Scott Dunbar
Xigole Systems, Inc.
Enterprise consulting, development, and hosting
303·667·6343