[keycloak-user] Dump user profile data from Social Identity Provider

Eugene Chow eugene.chow.ct at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 07:19:57 EDT 2015

Hi Marek,

I managed to set up the logger. Thanks! This is the configuration to dump the userinfo JSON response in the log file and the console.
>         <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:logging:3.0">
>             <console-handler name="CONSOLE">
>                 <level name="DEBUG"/>
>                 <formatter>
>                     <named-formatter name="COLOR-PATTERN"/>
>                 </formatter>
>             </console-handler>
>>             <logger category="org.keycloak.social.user_profile_dump">
>                 <level name="DEBUG"/>
>             </logger>

I have another problem, which is to map the userinfo from the custom OpenID Connect backend. Upon login, it returns this JSON response:
> {"sub":"Christine Chapel","name":"","position":"","preferred_username":"Christine Chapel","address":"Nurse, USS Enterprise"}

I’m trying to map preferred_username to the Last Name field. I tried to map this field, and also sub and address, but all without success:
Name: Fullname
Mapper Type: Attribute Importer
Claim: preferred_username
User Attribute Name: lastName

Is there a specific Claim or User Attribute Name that I need to use for the mapping to work?

Cheers!