[keycloak-user] Securing backend rest methods

Scott Dunbar scott at xigole.com
Fri Jun 19 15:19:28 EDT 2015

Juan,
I'm not sure that your environment is like mine but I have something like:

@Path("/user")
@Stateless
public class UserService {

     @Path("/getUserInformation")
     @Produces({ MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON })
     @GET
     @HttpConstraint(rolesAllowed = {"companyAdmin"})
     public Response getUserInformation(@Context HttpServletRequest
request) {
     }
}

This means that someone had to have already logged in elsewhere and be
in the companyAdmin role before they will have the ability to call the
getUserInformation method.  If they are not logged in or are not in that
roll they will get a forbidden message.  Any methods that do not have
the HttpConstraint annotation are not protected.

Is this what you're looking for?

On 06/19/2015 12:32 PM, Juan Diego wrote:
> How can I secure a method for a role, if a rest service has multiple
> methods.
>
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 2:49 AM, Stian Thorgersen <stian at redhat.com
> <mailto:stian at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Keycloak is based on roles and we don't have support for groups.
>     By using composite roles you can model groups as a role though.

Scott Dunbar
Xigole Systems, Inc.
Enterprise consulting, development, and hosting
303·667·6343