[keycloak-user] XML tag name for "enable-basic-auth" in keycloak.json

Guy Davis guydavis.ca at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:22:03 EST 2015

Good day,

I've been able to enable basic authentication when using a keycloak.json
file placed into WEB-INF of my test war file.

However, in other testing, I have a preference to use the standalone.xml
tag configuration for the realm and each secured war.  I get errors trying
to place <enable-basic-auth>true</enable-basic-auth> tag within a
<secure-deployment>  tag.

I'm testing against master built locally within the past few days.  Looking
at org.keycloak.subsystem.extension.SecureDeploymentDefinition it seems
like this syntax is correct.  This configuration file syntax is failing to
start JBoss EAP 6.1.0alpha with:

Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: Unknown secure-deployment
tag enable-basic-auth
at
org.keycloak.subsystem.extension.KeycloakSubsystemParser.readDeployment(KeycloakSubsystemParser.java:108)

Thanks in advance,
Guy