[keycloak-user] Discourse SSO with Keycloak

Dean Peterson peterson.dean at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 14:19:35 EDT 2015

I do not want to replace what I currently have though.  I use Keycloak.js
to include security in my own AngularJS client side applications and those
communicate with REST services in a separate Wildfly server secured with
Keycloak using the wildfly adapter.  I want to add Discourse as a third
party messaging application and want to integrate it with my existing
security.  I just wanted to be sure there wasn't something, feature wise,
in Keycloak I might be able to leverage.  I will probably just make a REST
endpoint in my Wildfly server that gets the already logged in user
information and create the necessary sso response Discourse is looking
for.  It will be more complicated if users are not currently logged into my
application and they try to go directly to the Discourse portion of the
site.  I will have to redirect the user somehow to the keycloak login page,
then when that flow ends remember where they were in the Discourse flow of
things.  I just hate having to maintain security code though and that is
why I went with Keycloak in the first place.  I wonder how Auth0 did it:
https://meta.discourse.org/t/auth0-single-sign-on-for-enterprise-and-support-for-20-social-providers/12713