[keycloak-user] User Activation

Nils Preusker n.preusker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 04:43:32 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm wondering whether there is a way to set up user activation so that

* we create a new user via the admin API
* the account has no credentials (password) and is inactive
* the user receives an e-mail when the account is created
* when the user logs in for the first time (following a link in the
e-mail), he is prompted to set up his password and the account is activated

So far I have only been able to get this to work with an initial "default"
password followed by a prompt to re-set it. I also didn't find a way to
notify a user of the new account via e-mail. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Nils