[keycloak-user] mapping roles received from remote IDP token to keycloak roles during Identity brokering ?

ROMELOT Didier didier.romelot at renault.com
Wed May 20 10:24:03 EDT 2015

I tried a configuration with saml sales-post sample application configured with a role list mapper on keycloak and a saml identity Provider configured on the keycloak realm.

The SAML response that is sent back to SP after authentication is the same in both case:
- when authenticating directly on keycloak
- when authenticating on the saml identity provider

In other words, role list that is sent back by saml identity provider is replaced by a new one provided by keycloak.

What's wrong ?