[keycloak-user] Use Existing Database without Importing Users

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon May 25 10:08:02 EDT 2015

It depends what exactly you need.
1) There is User Federation SPI, which allows to pull data about users
from your own database and partially import it to Keycloak. See docs
http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/html/user_federation.html .
This SPI allows you to specify which data will be pulled from your DB to
Keycloak DB, so your store doesn't need to support storing all Keycloak
user metadata

2) UserProvider SPI - in this case you will need to implement whole
model by yourself. Note that your store will need to support all
Keycloak metadata (For example data about user's required actions etc).

For most deployments (1) is better and much easier choice.

Marek