[keycloak-user] Keycloak saml authentication and authorization

Jukka Sirviö Jukka.Sirvio at mipro.fi
Mon Nov 16 06:49:01 EST 2015

Hello all,
Is there any examples on how to get Keycloak SAML authorization up and running?
Keycloak SAML authentication is already up and running across two distinct web applications. My SAML authentication already includes a couple of user properties and attributes, but I'm not able to find any info about what is the right and correct way to establish authorization with keycloak saml, saml metadata perhaps?

Could you please point me to right direction? SAML authorization examples would be great, or is "picketlink-federation -saml-sp-with-metadata" example all that I need to know?

Reason for above question is that I want to get rid of our own web-application specific authorization mechanism!

Yes, and the answer to your follow-up question is, that our environment is wf 9.0.1 :) ==> wf saml adapter is in use..

Yours:
Jukka

Tämä sähköpostiviesti (liitteineen) saattaa sisältää luottamuksellista tietoa, joka on tarkoitettu
vain vastaanottajalleen. Jos et ole oikea vastaanottaja, ilmoita viestin lähettäjälle tapahtuneesta
virheestä ja tuhoa viesti välittömästi. Viestin luvaton julkaiseminen, kopioiminen, jakelu tai muu
käyttö tai toimenpiteisiin ryhtyminen sen perusteella on ehdottomasti kielletty.

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for
the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the
sender and delete this message immediately. Notice that disclosing, copying, distributing or any
other use of the message and its information, or taking any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.