[keycloak-user] Error upgrading database, 1.2.0.Final to 1.6.1.Final

Travis Masselink tmasselink at selcouth.org
Fri Nov 20 18:26:37 EST 2015

That didn't work for me. I Tried 1.2 -> 1.5, 1.2 -> 1.4 and then 1.2 ->
1.3.1 (success) -> 1.4. But all failed. I then cloned the project and built
1.7 and tried 1.2 -> 1.7. This also failed. In all cases it looks like 1.4
is the problem as this is the exception I get with all versions but 1.3.1:

6:10:43,401 ERROR [org.keycloak.services.resources.KeycloakApplication]
(ServerService Thread Pool -- 62) Failed to migrate datamodel:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.keycloak.models.ImpersonationConstants.setupMasterRealmRole(ImpersonationConstants.java:26)
at
org.keycloak.models.ImpersonationConstants.setupImpersonationService(ImpersonationConstants.java:47)
at org.keycloak.migration.migrators.*MigrateTo1_4_0*
.migrate(MigrateTo1_4_0.java:30)