[keycloak-user] Fwd: any reference document on Keycloak SAML SP configuration

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 04:35:04 EST 2015

On 26 November 2015 at 09:28, Arulkumar Ponnusamy <parul.com at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Stian,
> Thanks for your response. Yes. I followed the same. I followed the
> instruction of Chapter-7 Java servlet Filter Adapter. as specified I added
> the SAMLFilter class in filter mapping of my web.xml.

We have a few examples for SAML in our examples download. Did you look at
those?

> In picketlink, we have handler and Listener which makes our application as
> SAML provider. Picketlink also has lot of sample project which we can
> try/tweak as per our need. However in keycloak, i see neither of them.

Do you mean SAML Identity Provider or Service Provider? With Keycloak,
Keycloak server is the Identity Provider and you configure/tweak it through
the admin console.

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Stian Thorgersen <sthorger at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Documentation is here
>> http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/saml-client-adapter/html/index.html
>> - did you read that?
>>
>> On 26 November 2015 at 08:30, Arulkumar Ponnusamy <parul.com at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I want to implement the SAML Service provider(SP) for my application. I
>>> used picketlink earlier (servlet filter) to configure my application as
>>> SAML SP. However, when I tried the same with Keycloak, it is not working as
>>> expected. There is no proper documentation/example on how keycloak saml SP
>>> configuration has to be done.
>>>
>>> I did the following things.
>>> 1. Copied all the jar(keycloak-saml-eap6-adapter-dist) into my jboss/lib
>>> directory
>>> 2. Configured the security domain as below
>>>     <login-module code="org.keycloak.adapters.jboss.KeycloakLoginModule"
>>> flag="required"/>
>>> 3. I built the keycloak saml example "redirect-with-signature" and
>>> deployed.
>>> 4. I am using the picketlink as my IDP.