[keycloak-user] Email is unique within one realm

Vlastimil Elias velias at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 09:01:41 EST 2015

Hi Sebastian,

small hint out of Keycloak. Some email servers (eg gmail) allows you to
use email addresses with unresolved part after + sign, like
sebastian.olscher+something at traveltainment.de. Emails for this kind of
address are delivered to "base" email
sebastian.olscher at traveltainment.de then. This may help you create more
accounts with different emails delivered to same person.
If your email server doesn't support this "dynamic" aliasing then it
probably supports some "static" aliases defined by admin.

Vl.

On 25.11.2015 15:57, Sebastian Olscher wrote:

> This receives importance if we are talking about users which will be
> used by a system and not a human person. These users may have the same
> responsible contact person as there is a system using this account and
> no real human. The contact person is identified by the email address.
> Our own specific information will be designed as user attributes.
>

> For example:
>

> Username: sys_customer1
>
> Email address: sebastian.olscher at traveltainment.de
> <mailto:sebastian.olscher at traveltainment.de> (Email address of the
> contact person who is responsible for this user)
>
> User attribute: Key=customer, Value=customer1
>

> Username: sys_customer2
>
> Email address: sebastian.olscher at traveltainment.de
> <mailto:sebastian.olscher at traveltainment.de> (Email address of the
> contact person who is responsible for this user)

Vlastimil Elias
Principal Software Engineer
Developer Portal Engineering Team