[keycloak-user] Fwd: Keycloak service provider Metadata support for SAML support

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 10:33:08 EST 2015

Keycloak SP does not generate an entity descriptor.  I don't believe
Picketlink SP does either.

Our examples are derived from PL quickstarts.  Honestly I don't see much
difference between the PL ones and ours.  The PL ones use PL IDP, the
Keycloak ones use Keycloak IDP.  The PL quickstarts don't go into much
detail either other than how to run the example.

On 11/30/2015 10:03 AM, Arulkumar Ponnusamy wrote:
> Hi Bill,
> Do you have any update on this?
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Stian Thorgersen <sthorger at redhat.com
> <mailto:sthorger at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Bill - is there a way to get the entity descriptor for an
>     application using the Keycloak SP adapter? To then import into
>     PicketLink.
>
>     On 30 November 2015 at 09:47, Arulkumar Ponnusamy
>     <parul.com at gmail.com <mailto:parul.com at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi Stian,
>         Yes clients from entity descriptors. i don't understand import
>         the file part. Where to import the file? I have both
>         IDP(picketlink) and SP(keycloak) under my web-INF file. but, i
>         don't see any SAML communication between SP and IDP happening.
>
>         I am new to SAML and for beginner,picketlink has so many example
>         for both IDP and SP which is awesome and gives clear picture of
>         whats need to be done. But, Those example are missing for
>         keycloak SAML Service provide. only three example are for
>         keycloak and that too some how not detailed.
>

>         On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Stian Thorgersen
>         <sthorger at redhat.com <mailto:sthorger at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>             Are you asking if Keycloak can create clients from entity
>             descriptors, then yes. Create client and import the file.
>
>             On 30 November 2015 at 05:02, Arulkumar Ponnusamy
>             <parul.com at gmail.com <mailto:parul.com at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>                 Hi All,
>                 Does keycloak service provider support with metadata ? I
>                 don't find any reference document on this for keycloak.
>                 There is no adapter which talk about metadata. Even I
>                 looked at the examples, and there are three examples
>                 which talk about POST, REDIRECT and encryption.
>
>                 Any reference document on Keycloak SAML Service provider
>                 Metadata?

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com