[keycloak-user] Best practice for database access in a keycloak custom provider?

Valerij Timofeev valerij.timofeev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 12:37:57 EDT 2015

Hi,

in order to import users having encrypted passwords from existing user
storage I'm implementing user federation provider based on the keycloak
example *keycloak-examples-1.5.0.Final/providers/federation-provider*
*.*
Additionally I considered hints provided by Scott Rossillo in the
keycloak-user Digest, Vol 22, Issue 18
Above example works properly when retrieving users from a properties file.
The next step in the implementation would be access to the database where
users data is stored.

*My question: *What would be the best practice for accessing database from
a custom keycloak provider?

Something like this?

// KeycloakSession
session.getProvider(JpaConnectionProvider.class, "myTS")
                .getEntityManager()
                .createQuery("SELECT... ?

*keycloak-server.json:"connectionsJpa": {        "default": {
"dataSource": "java:jboss/datasources/KeycloakDS",
"databaseSchema": "update"        },*

*"myTS": {            "dataSource": "java:jboss/datasources/myTsDS"
}    }*Thank you,

Valerij Timofeev
Software Engineer
Trusted Shops GmbH