[keycloak-user] Keycloak to set up Teams and Organizations (Bill Burke)

Schneider, John DODGE CONSULTING SERVICES, LLC John.Schneider at carrier.utc.com
Tue Oct 13 13:37:53 EDT 2015

Hi Bill,

For the most part, I liked how PicketLink IDM relationships were structured.  If I recall correctly, it was something like this:
Users could be assigned to 0...n Groups
Groups could have subgroups
Roles could be assigned to 0...n Groups
Roles could be assigned to 0..n Users

So, we could manage security within a hierarchical group structure but also add additional roles on per-user basis when needed.  If it could all also optionally be done with composite roles, all the better.

Some relevant documentation:
https://docs.jboss.org/picketlink/2/latest/reference/html-single/#chap-Identity_Management_-_Basic_Identity_Model
https://docs.jboss.org/picketlink/2/latest/reference/html-single/#sect-Managing_Relationships
https://docs.jboss.org/picketlink/2/latest/reference/html-single/#Realms_and_Tiers