[keycloak-user] Keycloak to set up Teams and Organizations

Nic Grange nicolas.grange at retrievercommunications.com
Wed Oct 14 19:06:01 EDT 2015

>From my understanding Realms allow Keycloak itself to be Multi Tenant, completely isolated Tenants.

Adding Groups (or Teams/Organisations) would make it easier for Applications leveraging Keycloak to be Multi Tenanted themselves (within a Realm). While some people seem to be using Composite roles with great affect, it is probably not what they were intended for.

The biggest benefit of Groups I see is being able to link groups of users to specific data so that their role only applies to that data and not to everything in the system/application (e.g. A Group Admin role allows a user permission to administrator only data created/owned by users in that group).

Cheers,
Nic