[keycloak-user] Can Keycloak simulate LDAP server?

Valerij Timofeev valerij.timofeev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:41:39 EDT 2015

Hi all,

we are interested to know if it is possible to authenticate users of pure
LDAP client against Keycloak?

Why? We are planning to migrate legacy user storage to Keycloak and we'd
like to avoid dead end if for example some product (e.g. SaaS) does not
support user authentication against Keycloak, but does against standard
LDAP server.

If it is impossible, has anybody succeeded to implement reverted direction
of user federation synchronization (all users data from Keycloak should be
copied to a fresh LDAP server installation)?

Answers to these questions may be decisive for the Keycloak usage in our
organization.

Thank you in advance

Valerij Timofeev
Software Engineer