[keycloak-user] Rest api for login

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 09:17:17 EDT 2015

Our UI is completely templatable so you can add your own styles and
structures to any page (including the admin console).

You lose a lot of functionality not using our UI.  The most important
one being SSO.  You also lose forgot password/reset credentials,
required actions (update password, verify email, configure OTP, etc.),
user account mgmt, registration, etc...

Our client adapters and have seemless integration with servlet security.

On 10/20/2015 9:12 AM, Revanth Ayalasomayajula wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to secure a UI application which is a confidential application
> that will talk to 1 or more backend(bearer) applications and fetch data
> from these applications and display that information and the product
> team doesn't want to use the Keycloak Login UI. So now i want to provide
> login from that page using rest API. I also want to maintain a session
> for the UI application and then use direct grant api to get token and
> fetch data from the other applications. Also, what do you mean by your
> adapters?
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Stian Thorgersen <sthorger at redhat.com
> <mailto:sthorger at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Keycloak comes with two protocols OpenID Connect and SAML 2. If you
>     want a rest based api you want to use OpenID Connect. What
>     application are you securing? Why not just use one of our adapters?
>
>     On 20 October 2015 at 12:15, Revanth Ayalasomayajula
>     <revanth at arvindinternet.com <mailto:revanth at arvindinternet.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I am using Keycloak1.5.0 to secure my application. I want to
>         perform login using a rest api. I was able to see that they are
>         two parameters that are sent in the call and wanted to know how
>         i will be able to achieve this functionality using a rest api.
>
>         Thanks.

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com