[keycloak-user] [keycloak-dev] Keycloak 1.6.0.Final Released

Thomas Raehalme thomas.raehalme at aitiofinland.com
Wed Oct 21 11:49:53 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com> wrote:

> We originally took this route with Keycloak.  The idea that Keycloak
> could be a SAAS...But we decided that the best way to deploy Keycloak in
> the cloud would be to create a cloud instance of Keycloak per
> organization.  In Red Hat OpenShift terms:  Keycloak would be a
> cartridge and the organization could opt to install it within their
> cloud account.
>
> The reason for this is to isolate one paying customer from a different
> one.  You probably don't want them sharing database instances, IP
> addresses, etc.
>
> If that is not possible, we can discuss other possibilities.  Right now
> though Realm is a completely isolated unit.  Users belong to one realm
> and one realm only.

I think you have the best of both worlds, ie. you can create multiple
realms with a single Keycloak install to manage multiple customers, or you
could install Keycloak for each customer separately as you describe above.

Now we app developers just need to figure out the best way to handle this
on our side :-)

Best regards,
Thomas