[keycloak-user] Fw: Failed to import IDP meta data into keycloak

Mai Zi ornot2008 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 19:09:14 EDT 2015

Hi, B.B,
We are using keycloak  for brokering.

Thanks a lot.

    ----- Forwarded Message -----
  From: Mai Zi <ornot2008 at yahoo.com>
 To: Keycloak-user <keycloak-user at lists.jboss.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:01 PM
 Subject: Fw: Failed to import IDP meta data into keycloak

Can anybody help on this ?
Thank you very much.

   ----- Forwarded Message -----
  From: Mai Zi <ornot2008 at yahoo.com>
 To: "keycloak-user at lists.jboss.org" <keycloak-user at lists.jboss.org>
 Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 4:16 PM
 Subject: Failed to import IDP meta data into keycloak

Hi, there,
1) We failed to import  idp meta data into keycloak (see attachment for the sample xml).  Pls help taka a look what's going on.
2) Suppose we can not import the metadata , based on the sample xml given in the attachment, which fields should we fill?

3)  In the user guide, there is one sentence:  "Once you create a SAML provider, there is an EXPORT button that appears when viewing that provider. Clicking this button will export a SAML entity descriptor which you can use to"
     Here "That provider" means the keycloak as a SP provider ?  From the demo exported data , it seems so.  Am I right?
     To work with the 3rd party IDP, we should provide the exported metadata to idp, shouldn't we?

I am not familiar with saml concept so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mai