[keycloak-user] Authentication from embedded webpage

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 17:03:24 EDT 2016

Do you have the "control" under the application? Is it possible to
propagate security contexts from application to embedded IE or viceversa?

In theory what can work is either:
- You will skip step1 and don't popup username/password box. Instead you
will just authenticate in step2 inside IE and then propagate the context
( token ) to step1. This is possible just if application is able to
access the javascript state from embedded IE.

- If you can propagate just from desktop to IE, then in step1 you wwill
configure your application to send the request for username/password
authentication to Keycloak via direct access grant (instead of sending
username+password directly to AD/LDAP). Once you receive token from
direct access grant, you can use it inside IE in step2 ( keycloak.js has
possibility to be initialized with token. You just need to pass the
token and refreshToken as arguments to keycloak.init . Then keycloak.js
won't redirect you to login screen )

Marek