[keycloak-user] Uniqueness of user properties

Niels Bertram nielsbne at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:50:24 EDT 2016

Hi Guus,

I can't see how you could manage non-uniqueness of the username as you will
need at least one user side unique identifier to drive forget password
flow. But the option to have email non-unique has been discussed a while
back in the user forum and there is this open Jira
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-2141.

We have been looking at non-unique emails and essentially one will have to
remove the functionality of using email as a form of login from the login
flow leaving the user to only be able to use their assigned or selected
username as option. We have been trying to "hack" the codebase a bit but
have not been too successful in getting keycloak to work properly with
non-unique emails :( ...

Cheers,
Niels