[keycloak-user] Uniqueness of user properties

Niels Bertram nielsbne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 05:18:23 EDT 2016

Stian, would we be able to collaborate on removing the uniqueness of email
a bit further? We have non-unique emails for a very large number of
accounts and can't use keycloak in its current form. In our case username
is unique but email is not and never will be. From what I can see following
use cases would need consideration making email non-unique.

- login (username or email) , in case of email non-uniqueness accepting
email as login will need to be disabled
- forget username, in this case one would not be able to recover a username
if email can be present in multiple accounts
- forget password, accepting email as login will need to be disabled

Are there any other use cases that could be impacted?

Thanks Niels