[keycloak-user] Authenticator provider config properties

Aikeaguinea aikeaguinea at xsmail.com
Tue Apr 12 10:00:55 EDT 2016

I figured out the issue here: The isConfigurable() method in the
implementation of the authenticator factory was returning false, so the
configuration screen wasn't showing.

On a related question, in the Keycloak log I'm seeing:

     09:58:20,494 WARN  [org.keycloak.services] (ServerService Thread
     Pool -- 50) KC-SERVICES0047: CustomAuthenticator
     (test.keycloak.CustomAuthenticatorFactory) is implementing the
     internal SPI authenticator. This SPI is internal and may change
     without notice

I see public documentation about the Authenticator SPI on the Keycloak
site. Is this log message obsolete?

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016, at 02:22 PM, Aikeaguinea wrote:
> I've just implemented a new authenticator, following the instructions
> here:
> http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/auth_spi.html#d4e3785
>
> In my implementation of the authenticator factory, I have a
> ProviderConfigProperty set up in a static block as is done in the
> example. My impression was that the value of this property would be set
> as a config option in the admin console. Right now I'm not seeing my
> property in the admin console, but it's possible I'm not looking in the
> right place. I was able to create a new flow and add my authenticator to
> it as a new execution, but I don't see anywhere to add this
> configuration property.
>
> I'm not seeing any errors in the Keycloak console log, so I'm assuming
> that I have things set up right. Any ideas?
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.com - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
>                           unladen european swallow

  Aikeaguinea