[keycloak-user] JavaScript client, iframe and IE

Thomas Raehalme thomas.raehalme at aitiofinland.com
Thu Apr 14 09:09:30 EDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Stian Thorgersen <sthorger at redhat.com>
wrote:

> What do you mean about "if the URL is something like"?
>
> The only iframe Keycloak uses is in the JavaScript adapter and it's only
> the session iframe. That would be the only place it would be relevant for
> Keycloak to set P3P header, but don't think it's need AFAIK it works just
> fine on IE.

Sorry for being a little too vague.

Among other UIs our application has a web front-end based on AngularJS and
it's utilizing the JavaScript adapter for authentication. When I login to
the application I can inspect the HTML and see an <iframe /> element with
the following URL:

https://keycloak-server/auth/realms/xxxx/protocol/openid-connect/login-status-iframe.html?client_id=xxxx&origin=xxxx

Without the P3P header there is an eternal loop between our web front-end
and Keycloak where the browser is being redirected from one to the other.
After adding the P3P header the problem was solved.

Best regards,
Thomas