[keycloak-user] How to add Admin User

Andrej Prievalsky ado.boj.83 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 08:43:09 EDT 2016

Hi All,

in setup Wildfly-10 in domain mode + keycloak-overlay-1.9.2.Final I tried
to create Admin User in two ways like in guide:

1.) via bin/add-user.[sh|bat] -r master -u <username> -p <password>
I got this ERROR:

*[sab at idm69 wildfly]$ ./bin/add-user.sh -r master -u admin -p tmo46713*

** Error **

*WFLYDM0065: The user supplied realm name 'master' does not match the realm
name discovered from the property file(s) 'ManagementRealm'.*

*Exception in thread "main"
org.jboss.as.domain.management.security.adduser.AddUserFailedException:
WFLYDM0065: The user supplied realm name 'master' does not match the realm
name discovered from the property file(s) 'ManagementRealm'.*

*        at
org.jboss.as.domain.management.security.adduser.ErrorState.execute(ErrorState.java:72)*

*        at
org.jboss.as.domain.management.security.adduser.AddUser.run(AddUser.java:130)*

*        at
org.jboss.as.domain.management.security.adduser.AddUser.main(AddUser.java:223)*

*        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)*

*        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)*

*        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)*

*        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)*

*        at org.jboss.modules.Module.run(Module.java:329)*

*        at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:507)*

2.) via bin/add-user-keycloak.[sh|bat] -r master -u <username> -p <password>

User was created under standalone path.

Thanks and Best Regards

Andrej.