[keycloak-user] password type configuration options for a UserFederationFactory

Anthony Fryer Anthony.Fryer at virginaustralia.com
Tue Apr 19 02:11:35 EDT 2016

While implementing a UserFederationFactory I have provided several configuration options that the keycloak administrator can configure.  The available options are returned from the UserFederationProviderFactory.getConfigurationOptions() method.  My use case, which I think would be fairly common, is to allow configuration of a DataSource which requires a username and password to be configured.  Currently the password is displayed in clear text in the admin console.  It would be nice to be able to specify which configuration options are passwords and have them at least masked in the admin console using input type of "password".   Encryption would also be another nice feature but maybe just simply having the ability to mask the password would be a nice first step.

Regards,

Anthony

The content of this e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential communication between Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (Virgin Australia) or its related entities (or the sender if this email is a private communication) and the intended addressee and is for the sole use of that intended addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorized and prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and then delete the message and any attachment(s). There is no warranty that this email is error, virus or defect free. This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner. If this is a private communication it does not represent the views of Virgin Australia or its related entities. Please be aware that the contents of any emails sent to or from Virgin Australia or its related entities may be periodically monitored and reviewed. Virgin Australia and its related entities respect your privacy. Our privacy policy can be accessed from our website: www.virginaustralia.com