[keycloak-user] Import users and groups in existing realm?

Guus der Kinderen guus.der.kinderen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 04:56:39 EDT 2016

Hi,

Is there a way where I can use the JSON-based import (or any other import
that can be executed before Keycloak is accessible to users) to import
users and groups into an existing realm?

The relevant bits of the manual appear to be here:
https://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/export-import.html

I don't want to overwrite pre-existing realm configuration, other then the
groups and users. So for, neither the 'IGNORE_EXISTING' nor the
'OVERWRITE_EXISTING' strategy appear to have the desired effect: one skips
importing data completely (as the realm already exists), the other causes
the entire realm to be replaced.

Regards,

  Guus