[keycloak-user] User attribute update issue when using dentity provider

Xiao Ma xiao.ma at masergy.com
Thu Apr 21 14:36:42 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have a custom user attribute (telephone number) for the users in my
identity provider. When this user attribute for a given user is updated in
my identity provider,, the corresponding user attribute for that user in
the keycloak database doesn't update automatically.

I have to delete the user from keycloak database and force a user
recreation in the next new user login (using First Broker Login
Authentication Flow), then my updated customer attribute will show up. Is
there a way to update user attribute automatically without a user
recreation?

Thanks a lot,

Xiao