[keycloak-user] Server to Server communication with Spring

Christoph Guse info at flex-guse.de
Mon Apr 25 10:11:45 EDT 2016

Hi everybody,

I'm quite new to Keycloak and currently I'm creating some POCs to test
if Keycloak works properly with my Spring Boot applications. It does
quite well so far, thanks a lot for your work!

At the moment I'd like to create a POC which simulates the secured
server-to-server communication. One server provides an API secured by
spring-security an Keycloak, the other server needs to consume the
secured API using a technical user. I searched the web and the
documentation and found this blog entry:
http://blog.keycloak.org/2015/10/getting-started-with-keycloak-securing.html
and I think I understood it so far.
Is there already some code implemented to automate "Obtain Token and
Invoke Service" somehow? I would like to use the KeycloakRestTemplate,
give the credentials (maybe as username/password)  and I'm ready to go.

I had a running example, but in this example the user needed to
authenticate him-/herself via the Keycloak redirect, but in my usecase
only server communicate and there is no user who gives the credentials.

Any help is highly appreciated,
Christoph