[keycloak-user] How to add Admin User

Andrej Prievalsky ado.boj.83 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 03:57:03 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I would like to ask again only for confirmation.
My setup is keycloak overlay in domain mode.
Question is how can I create Admin keycloak user in this setup.

With only domain option it doesn't work:

[sab at idm72 wildfly]$ ./bin/add-user-keycloak.sh -r master -u admin -p admin
--domain

Added 'admin' to '/opt/wildfly/domain/configuration/keycloak-add-user.json',
restart server to load user

But with next option I got and it works:

sab at idm72 wildfly]$ ./bin/add-user-keycloak.sh -r master -u admin -p admin
--domain --dc /opt/wildfly/domain/servers/idm-server-idm72/configuration/

Added 'admin' to '/opt/wildfly/
domain/servers/idm-server-idm72/configuration/keycloak-add-user.json',
restart server to load user

Are needed for domain mode both options?

Best Regards,

Andrej.