[keycloak-user] Can't retrieve group roles in access token

Cedric Falletta cedric.falletta at lampiris.be
Mon Aug 1 05:16:41 EDT 2016

Hello,

I recently installed keycloak 2.0.0 and I'm having troubles retrieving the roles of my users in the access token.

I made a simple test in which I created a user "WebUser" and a group "GROUP-Website". I added the role "GROUP-Website" to my "WebUser" and then assigned the role "ROLE-Website" to this group. User should then inherit from this role.
I then configured a client which maps groups and roles to my access tokens. It works well, but I can't find "ROLE-Website". Note that if I add a specific role directly to the user, it will be present in the access token. My problem here is then only related to the roles of my groups not being assigned to the user.

As far as I understood from other issues, these roles should be present in the token. Can you then tell me if I somehow misconfigured the client or the mapper ?

Thank you,
Cédric

Lampiris SA/NV
Rue Saint-Laurent, 54. 4000 - Liège. Belgique
[Lampiris]<https://www.lampiris.be/isol>
[Facebook]<https://facebook.com/lampirisEU>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/lampiris>        [LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/lampiris>  [Google+] <https://plus.google.com/110992956589822085996>       [YouTube] <https://youtube.com/user/lampirismedia>      [Instagram] <https://instagram.com/lampiris>

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) addressed in the message.
If you are not the addressee you are notified that disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.