[keycloak-user] Is failing to DB possible for Federated Users?

Josh Cain josh.cain at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 21:00:45 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm using a Keycloak impementation in which the majority of our users come
from a UserFederationProvider.  However, I'd ideally like to be able to
fall-back to the Keycloak database when this provider is unavailable.  Is
it possible to do so?

I looked around at the codebase and UserFederationManager seems to be where
I'd like to change (namely the validateAndProxyUser
<https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/ec6b81e42dc8cb7abd9d06571a732cb3c40a5b03/server-spi/src/main/java/org/keycloak/models/UserFederationManager.java#L143>
method).  Is there any way to extend this with our own behavior?  Looks
like that particular implementation is hard-coded into the KeycloakSession
interface.

Josh Cain | Software Applications Engineer
*Identity and Access Management*
*Red Hat*
+1 843-737-1735