[keycloak-user] Creating a temporary landing page

William Drescher [CELUM] William.Drescher at celum.com
Fri Aug 5 03:45:51 EDT 2016

I have a use case that I'm attempting to accomplish with Keycloak but I'm not sure is possible/practical.
In our application we want to invite a user
This will cause the following steps to happen:

1.       A User is created in Keycloak

2.       An email is sent to the user with a unique address to confirm their registration

3.       The registration page is created at that address

4.       Either the landing page is removed (registration cancelled)/ user goes to registration and confirms their registration with additional information
Steps 1 and 2 are possible with existing functionality, was planning on creating a custom event and then using the event SPI to handle the event, creating the user and sending the email
I haven't been able to find a way to create a page reachable with an address. The Authentication provider documentation allows me to create a .ftl template which I can display to user through the context, but I was unable to find anything on displaying a page without an already existing user context. I would appreciate suggestions as to how to approach this, (or that it would be better to look at an implementation in the app itself instead)

Thanks,

Will